Looking for an internship position to help you work your way through college and gain experience? Get ready to be asked some unusual, perplexing questions that would make even the popular guy on the campus squirm. Like, “What do you think about when you are alone in your car?” (Really??) Don’t get caught off-guard. Here’s your go-to list of job interview questions you’ll wish they hadn’t asked.
I don’t know what’s more unbelievable- the nature of these bizarre questions, or that they came from high profile mega-corporations like Google and MasterCard.
Or the fact that somebody gets paid big bucks to ask these silly, irrelevant interrogations that have nothing whatsoever to do with your qualifications in the field you’re currently majoring in.
You may think that as an experienced college student who’s seen it all that you can’t be surprised. You’d be thinking wrong…
1) If you were to get rid of one state in the US, which would it be and why? – Forrester Research
2) How many quarters would you need to reach the height of the Empire State building? – JetBlue
3) How many cows are in Canada? – Google
4) What do you think about when you are alone in your car? – Gallup
5) What songs best describe your work ethic? – Dell
6) A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here? – Clark Construction Group
7) Name five uses of a stapler without staples. – EvalueServe
8) Jeff Bezoz walks into your office and says you can have a million dollars to launch you best entrepreneurial idea. What is it? -Amazon
9) Pick two celebrities to be your parents – Urban Outfitters
10) How would you rate your memory? -Marriott
11) Name three previous Nobel Prize winners. – BenefitsCONNECT
12) Can you say: ‘Peter Pepper Picked a Pickled Pepper’ and cross-sell a washing machine at the same time? – MasterCard
13) How would people communicate in perfect world? – Novell
14) If you were shrunk to the size of a pencil and put inside a blender, how would you get out? -Guardsmark
15) If you were a kitchen utensil, what would you be? – Bandwidth.com
16) What do wood and alcohol have in common? – Goldman Sachs
17) If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us? – Trader Joe’s
18) How do you make a tuna sandwich? -Astron Consulting
19) My wife and I are going on vacation– where would you recommend? – PricewaterhouseCoopers
20) Estimate how many windows are in New York. – Bain & Co.
21) What’s your favorite song? Perform it for us now. – LivingSocial
22) Calculate the angle of two clock pointers when the time is 11:50. – Bank of America
23) Have you ever stolen a pen from work? – Jiffy Software
24) If you had turned your cellphone to silent and it rang really loudly despite it being on silent, what would you tell me? – Kimberly-Clark
25) On a scale of 1 to 10, rate me as an interviewer. – Kraft Foods
26) If you could be anyone else, who would it be? – Salesforce.com
27) How would you direct someone else on how to cook an omelet? – PETCO
28) On a scale of 1 to 10, how weird are you? – Capital One
29) How are M&Ms made? – UBS
30) How would you explain Facebook to your grandma? – Huddle
31) Would you rather fight a horse sized duck, or a hundred duck sized horses? – BHP Hilton
32) How would you fit a giraffe in a fridge? – US Bank
33) What makes you happy in the office on Friday evening? -Tesco
34) How many piano tuners are there in London? – Studentbeans.com
35) Just entertain me for five minutes. I’m not going to talk. – Acosta
36) “If Germans were the tallest people in the world, how would you prove it? – Hewlett-Packard
37) What do you think of garden gnomes? -Trader Joe’s
38) Would Mahatma Gandhi have made a good software engineer? – Deloitte
39) Please spell “diverticulitis.” – EMSI Engineering
40) Pepsi or Coke? – United Health Group
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Please leave your comments below.
Share with your friends!
If you found this article helpful, then please share with your friends, family, and coworkers by email, twitter, or Facebook.
Like this? Read more: