So you’re in your dorm getting dressed class, and you accidentally swipe clumpy ink on your white shirt. You need your cup of coffee in the morning, or else you’re a complete zombie, but you’re completely out of sugar, and your budget doesn’t allow for Starbucks.
What’s a poor harried college student to do?
Here are some tips for handling some of those frustrating college dorm scenarios.
Order Urawaza, and get the lowest price! BUY NOW
In Japanese it’s called Urawaza. It means simple tips, tricks, and secrets of everyday life. These are especially helpful for college students who are dorming far from home.
Here are some tried and true tricks that are included in Urawaza: Secret Everyday Tips and Tricks from Japan
- Put an extra garbage bag or two at the bottom of your garbage can before putting in the actual liner. That way when you change the bag you already have one ready.
- Vinegar Tricks: A dab of apple cider vinegar can banish blemishes, and a mix of white vinegar and tap water can be applied to your hair to make it shiny.
- Want an ice cold beer? Wrap a wet paper towel around a beer bottle then freeze. Wait a few hours. It will be icy cold.
- Got ink on your shirt? Put a generous amount of toothpaste on the spots then let it dry completely. Afterwards wash it out.
- Don’t have sweetener for your coffee? Put a pinch of salt in it to lessen the bitterness.
- Don’t waste money on plastic color-coded key covers. Just take some nail polish and paint them in different colors.
- Take an old paper towel tube, make a small slit, and then slide onto a wire hanger to hang those slacks. Perfect for preventing creasing.
- Put your iPhone or iPod in a bowl for an impromptu speaker. The concave shape amplifies music.
Have any tips to add?
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Please leave your comments below.
Share with your friends!
If you found this article helpful, then please share with your friends, family, and coworkers by email, twitter, or Facebook.
Like this? Read more: